We are a young couple. Husband (Landlord) is an Indonesian Chinese, educated in Australia, graduated from New South Wales University for both his bachelor and PhD degree. He is now running his own business. Wife (Landlady) came from China, studied Chemical Engineering in National University of Singapore (NUS), worked for NUS for many years after graduation, familiar with both China and Singapore education system.
1. Both my husband and I are well educated. Our main motive to start homestay is to give back what we have received and learned these years to young kids who wish to study in Singapore. We wish that through our care and guidance, the young kids will grow up well in a loving and learning-conducive environment
2. We both are effectively bilingual with English and mandarin. We will also organize regular activities to improve kids’ public speaking ability. So you can be assured that your communication skills will get better and better.
3. Both my husband and I have excellent social network. Our friends are from all over the world, Chinese, Singaporeans, South East Asians, Americans and Europeans etc. We will encourage kids to interact with people from different culture and adapt to the new environment fast and well.
4. I am very interested in nutrition and a fan of healthy dieting. Our helper will cook delicious and well-balanced nutritious meals for the kids.
5. As guardians, we will keep in close contact with school teachers regarding kids’ performance and behaviors at school
6. We will regularly update parents about kids’ study and life in Singapore. Together with parents, we will ensure that kids are well taken care of and healthy both physically and mentally.
We treat every kid with us as part of our family, we will take good care of your daily life and study:
1. Full furnished, kids bring luggage to live
2. Trip to and back from airport for kids’ holiday
3. Breakfast and dinner on weekdays; breakfast, lunch and dinner on weekend
4. Help with SIM card, EZ link card, health screening, student pass application, bank account, school opening etc.
5. Laundry, daily cleaning of room.
7. My husband and I can provide basic tuition. However, due to time limitation, if proper tuition is needed, we will help to arrange professional tutors, fees will be borne by students
8. If requested by parents, we will monitor students to study at study area everyday
9. Regular reports to parents every month, or whenever there is emergency
10. Students need to arrive home before 10pm on both weekdays and weekends
11. Turn off bedroom lights at 11pm so that roommates can rest
12. Guidance for choosing schools if needed
13. Birthday celebrations
14. Outings or other activities on weekends and public holidays
15. Bring students to hospital and take care of them if they are sick
Condo and Nearby Facilities:
1. In addition to good public transport, House of Love is also surrounded by beautiful sceneries. Kallang river and park connecter are at your door step, ideal for jogging and cycling. It will only takes 10 mins bus ride to go to world heritage site, Botanic Gardens for a loving walking or jogging
2. Condo has 24-hour security, gym, swimming pool and BBQ site etc. And it is less than 100 units in total, very cohesive and friendly neighborhood.
3. It takes less than 10 mins walking to go to Poiz Shopping Center, where supermarket, Starbucks, clinics are located. Or a short bus ride (5mins) will take you to Toa Payoh, where you can find library, stadium and mega supermarket.
1. Located in central Singapore, walking distance or at most 15 mins bus ride to many international schools, private schools , as well as government schools.
2. 700m to Potong Pasir MRT station (Purple Line), about 7-8 minutes walk. 4 MRT stations to Dhoby Ghaut and Orchard Road, 2 MRT stations to Serangoon.
100m to bus stop, where different buses can bring you to various directions. Within 5-10mins bus ride, you can reach Toa Payoh (Red Line), Botanic Gardens (Yellow Line) and Bendemeer (Blue Line), easy access to every corner of the island.
Payment Prior check in includes: