YOUR IDEAL HOME IN SINGAPORE
Cosy Homestay is a private home accepting overseas students to live as part of our family in a good environment rooted in care, honesty and diligence. We provide full homestay services with meals and laundry in a quiet and peaceful surrounding.
WHO WE ARE
We are a Singaporean couple with post-graduate degrees from established universities. Married for 18 years, we have two school-going children and have experience studying abroad. Thus, we understand the needs of foreign students and are deeply attuned to the concerns of parents.
ABOUT OUR HOME
Our home is conveniently located near Yio Chu Kang MRT train station and bus interchange, and in easy reach of many schools and major amenities like sports complex, swimming pool, shopping centers, library, cinemas, supermarkets, banks and nature parks. You can be assured that your child will be taken care of as though they are our own.
The nearby educational institutions include Anderson School (Primary and Secondary), CHIJ St Nicholas (Primary and Secondary), Mayflower Secondary School, Presbyterian High School, Yio Chu Kang Secondary School, Deyi Secondary School, Anderson Serangoon Junior College, Nanyang Polytechnic and many others.
HOME AWAY FROM HOME
We welcome school students to stay with us and benefit from our homestay care. In addition to standard homestay care services, we provide responsible guardianship, supervision of school performance, and academic counselling. Regular outings will be conducted, and enrichment activities may be recommended to groom the students further in their academic and personal pursuits.
Parents choose our homestay and guardian services in order to improve their children’s English and for our caring presence. They can expect the following for their children in our care:
1. Constant practice of the English language as we are fluent in both English and Mandarin.
2. Spacious 4-bedded room (180 – 250 sqft.) with en-suite bathroom.
3. Provision of breakfast, lunch and dinner daily.
4. Close monitoring of academic performance and supervision of school work. (We will assist to select trained tutors when we deem any student needs extra tuition. These tuition fees will be borne by parents.)
5. Provision of laundry and housekeeping to maintain a high level of cleanliness and hygiene.
6. Regular dinners with students to foster bonding and wellbeing.
7. Regular consultations with students’ schools to maintain close contact with their teachers.
8. Open communication with parents.
9. Regular outings for relaxation.